FloridaStreetScene

Go Back   FloridaStreetScene > Community Forums > Members Rides

Notices

Members Rides If you've joined this site then you are member, post threads concerning your ride here here, projects, builds and more.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
SpeedwearUSA

SpeedwearUSA has much to be proud of, 50-99
Default Just purchased a C5 Z06

Few shots I took today out in the rain, of the Z06

SpeedwearUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:04 AM   #2
Bone
Admin & Student

Bone has a brilliant future 100-124Bone has a brilliant future 100-124

Nice purchase, what are the stats on it? Miles and all that.

That last image looks rather messed up. I take it you weren't manually exposing. If your camera doesn't happen to have a manual mode then use spot metering and put that spot on a dark section of the interior and it will allow you to get the picture you want.
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
srp21y

srp21y has much to be proud of, 50-99

not bad. hopefully it was garage kept. being an 01-04 car it looks good. how is the front for paint chips?
srp21y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
I Eat Rice

I Eat Rice has much to be proud of, 50-99

I like alot. I am a big fan of the C5 Z06. Really I am a fan of anything with an LSx motor in it ha ha. What are your plans for it because stock is nice but those cars respond really well to modds and can take spray like no other car.
I Eat Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
SpeedwearUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp21y View Post
not bad. hopefully it was garage kept. being an 01-04 car it looks good. how is the front for paint chips?
It was. There are a few small chips. Nothing a dab of touch up paint wouldn't fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Rice View Post
I like alot. I am a big fan of the C5 Z06. Really I am a fan of anything with an LSx motor in it ha ha. What are your plans for it because stock is nice but those cars respond really well to modds and can take spray like no other car.
Short term, I'm doing a VaraRam CAI, Futral F14 N/A Camshaft with Valvespring upgrade, B&B Performance Off Road Xpipe and Bullet Catback. Along with having Howard at Redline Performance tune it.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
Bone
Admin & Student

Bone has a brilliant future 100-124Bone has a brilliant future 100-124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedwearUSA View Post
It was. There are a few small chips. Nothing a dab of touch up paint wouldn't fix.

Short term, I'm doing a VaraRam CAI, Futral F14 N/A Camshaft with Valvespring upgrade, B&B Performance Off Road Xpipe and Bullet Catback. Along with having Howard at Redline Performance tune it.
not bad on the paint chip issue my MR2 needed the whole front redone because of chips but then again it was a hell of a lot older and was driven all the time.

What kind of increased numbers are you expecting from those mods. intake and exhaust help and all but that's not really going to bring much regardless. I'm not familiar with the cams you mentioned though. How aggressive are they?
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
305phil
O.G. STREET RACER

305phil has much to be proud of, 50-99

sweet vette... we love it
Old 02-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
SpeedwearUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
not bad on the paint chip issue my MR2 needed the whole front redone because of chips but then again it was a hell of a lot older and was driven all the time.

What kind of increased numbers are you expecting from those mods. intake and exhaust help and all but that's not really going to bring much regardless. I'm not familiar with the cams you mentioned though. How aggressive are they?

On average, the mods that I listed have been seeing about 75-80 RWHP on these cars. The camshaft is aggressive and adds 35-40 rwhp in itself along with the tuning required.

Here is a video of the cam.

Go to YouTube Video page.

Long term with the car, I'm going to build a 427 stroker with 12.0:1 compression, do a nice hogged out set of ported heads, ARH 1 7/8" Longtube Headers with 3" collectors along with a matching ARH 3" X-pipe with 3" Dynomax Bullett Mufflers and turndowns. I'll also be adding a FAST Intake manifold, a Larger bore Throttle Body, Larger Injectors and some CCW Classic wheels wrapped in some much better tires DR rears. I'm wanting a 9 second N/A C5Z long term.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
305phil
O.G. STREET RACER

305phil has much to be proud of, 50-99

saw the pics of the ccw classics... beautiful wheel on most cars, exceptional on the vette
Old 02-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
SpeedwearUSA

Yeah man.... Now if only I could decide all polished or gunmetal with polished lips