FloridaStreetScene

Go Back   FloridaStreetScene > Community Forums > Members Rides

Notices

Members Rides If you've joined this site then you are member, post threads concerning your ride here here, projects, builds and more.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Honda_Lady

Honda_Lady has much to be proud of, 50-99
Default My Accord

I have a 1992 Honda Accord EX. It wasn't my choice, it was a gift but who turns down a free car no matter what it is? June this year was the 5 year mark.

pics from a year ago (9/8/11) when i washed my car and gave it a really good detailing.

2 days later someone slammed into me as i sat at a red light with 20 cars in front of me.

after i finally fixed the front bumper that had been hanging from a string for 4 years.

I do have some "cancer" spots that i need to fix but it could be a lot worse. this is the windshield pillar.

rims all cleaned up (didn't stay that way for long)

and then this earlier this year my mom was headed to work. she had the green arrow and started moving. the stupid bitch on the other side started to make her right turn right into the side of my mom. she was already almost completely through the intersection when the other lady ran into her side.

my "getto fix" until i can replace the fender, headlight bracket and corner light. Also need to buff out the rim.

No mods to it yet but my plans for it are below. For now i am just trying to keep her wheels going down the road.

INTERIOR: stock except for the radio.

Future Plans:
-new paint job (some shade of blue)
-add an alarm, kill switches and other safety measures
-add a CB radio
-new stereo system
-tinted windows
-window visors
-weighing putting air bags or hydraulics on the car so i have control over when the car is lowered and when it's not.
-roof rack with bike rack on it
-upgrade my horn and add an air horn facing towards the rear to wake drivers up that might rear end me.
-red/clear tail lights and adding fogs to the front (if i can find OEM ones and maybe still if i can't)
-still trying to decide if i want aftermarket rims or not.
-add some LED's inside and out. got quite a few ideas for this in my head right now, hard to explain it.

Last edited by Honda_Lady; 09-13-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Honda_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
Bone
Admin & Student

Bone has a brilliant future 100-124Bone has a brilliant future 100-124

Damn, that car is held together with bungee cords...

and crap, that had to suck with those hits. I really wish people would actually learn to drive. It's not that hard....

I've been driving for damn near 14 years or something like that and I've only had one accident and that was only because I was on the road for 20 hours straight... lol. That was a good 11 years ago. Nothing since... too many people have accidents like every 3 years like clock work.
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
Honda_Lady

LOL bungee cord is gone. The reinforcement behind the bumper cover was broken into 3 pieces. It had been like that since i got it and slowly the bumper drooped more so i added the bungee cord until late last year. I went to the junk yard and got a good replacement part and put it on myself. Before I got the car, it looked like it had been in an accident where the person either got rear ended and were too close to the person in front of them, or rear ended someone and the person behind them was too close. Had never taken a bumper off before but I have now taken both front and back bumpers off as well as the passenger side fender and tail lights. I have yet to take the headlights out (will need to soon to replace the bracket on the passenger side) I will also be going to the junk yard for a passenger side fender and hopefully a set of headlights including the bracket on the passenger side. before i put them on i am going to black or blue house them. (paint them in case you don't know what blackhousing is) I am slowly learning more about my Honda. This is the first car i have ever had that wasn't an American car. For the most part, it's easier to fix some things (and harder for others depending on what it is. like an engine/trans replacement).

YEA, i was pissed each time someone hit me. it the 5 years i have had it, my car has been hit 4 times. twice in a parking lot someone swiped my back bumper. Once rear ended sitting at a red light and then the last when someone drove into the side of the car.

wow, that's good. i might have that good of a track record of other dumb fucks in this area would watch WHERE THE FUCK THEY WERE GOING!!! *RIPS HAIR OUT*

Last edited by Honda_Lady; 09-14-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Honda_Lady

I had been holding on to my new $60 NGK spark plug wires for several months. I finally put them on. 2 weeks ago i did the valve cover seals yet again. This time i used Honda Genuine!! did all the seals (valve cover gasket, upper spark plug tube seals and lower o-rings) been checking it on a regular basis for the last 2 weeks. Of course there was a tiny bit of oil i couldn't get out when i did the job but no more oil built up in the tubes so i decided it was time.

now it's time for a new painted valve cover (painted myself with my own style) and overall cleaning up the bay. first gotta find all the leaks and fix them so it will stay clean for a while. I also want a special oil cap paint some other parts under the hood as well.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Bone
Admin & Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_Lady View Post
I had been holding on to my new $60 NGK spark plug wires for several months. I finally put them on. 2 weeks ago i did the valve cover seals yet again. This time i used Honda Genuine!! did all the seals (valve cover gasket, upper spark plug tube seals and lower o-rings) been checking it on a regular basis for the last 2 weeks. Of course there was a tiny bit of oil i couldn't get out when i did the job but no more oil built up in the tubes so i decided it was time.

now it's time for a new painted valve cover (painted myself with my own style) and overall cleaning up the bay. first gotta find all the leaks and fix them so it will stay clean for a while. I also want a special oil cap paint some other parts under the hood as well.
Someone that actually does their own work, that's rare anymore...

Fixing leaks can be quite the pain to do but if you plan on keeping the car for a while longer go for it.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
Honda_Lady

yep, i rarely get anyone else to do something for me. obviously without a tire machine can't do that myself. (used to when working at Honda) also don't have enough tools to break down the engine for a complete rebuilt at this point but want to get that done before long or get a second engine, rebuild that one and swap.

yea, i don't plan on getting rid of it, no matter how much she pisses me off i am attached haha
Old 09-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Bone
Admin & Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_Lady View Post
yep, i rarely get anyone else to do something for me. obviously without a tire machine can't do that myself. (used to when working at Honda) also don't have enough tools to break down the engine for a complete rebuilt at this point but want to get that done before long or get a second engine, rebuild that one and swap.

yea, i don't plan on getting rid of it, no matter how much she pisses me off i am attached haha
LOL, I normally just let most women go that really piss me off. Just not worth it to keep them around.

Wait, you were talking about your car.............
Old 09-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
Honda_Lady

LOL yep talking about the car haha
Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #9
I Eat Rice

I Eat Rice has much to be proud of, 50-99

Damn that car is a trooper. One thing I will say is honda's can go through hell and still come out on the other side running. Dont worry about the bungie on the bumper I have seen worse on DSM's
I Eat Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
Honda_Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Rice View Post
Damn that car is a trooper. One thing I will say is honda's can go through hell and still come out on the other side running. Dont worry about the bungie on the bumper I have seen worse on DSM's
LOL bungee has been gone for over a year now. I snagged the part i needed to replace from the junk yard in very good condition and a lot cheaper then i expected it to be.

Windshield has been replaced already. I had a crack that formed from the top passenger side and was working it way down across to the lower driver side. I haven't replaced my windshield stickers again yet. I miss my stickers. Today I washed my car and got some more pictures. I hope soon to make a JY run to get a new fender and hopefully a new headlight w/corner since my bracket broke in the collision.

EDIT: OH and she turned over to 300,6xx miles

Last edited by Honda_Lady; 11-16-2012 at 12:54 AM.