FloridaStreetScene

Go Back   FloridaStreetScene > Community Forums > Members Rides

Notices

Members Rides If you've joined this site then you are member, post threads concerning your ride here here, projects, builds and more.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #61
omorales

omorales has a brilliant future 100-124omorales has a brilliant future 100-124

LOL @ cheap. And yeah I get you bone, it sucks to have something break on you and it being your only car. And towards the bike comment I got a suzuki gz250 to mess around on about 2-3 weeks ago and it's been fun. Got it for a low price but now i'm kind of mad, Ive ridden it about 150 miles, and yesterday it started acting stupid giving me a really hard time to get in to first gear, I have to play with the clutch and gear lever until it finally wants to go in. it really becomes an issue at lights because sometimes it wont go in even if im down shifting to the light. I was thinking maybe one of the shift forks is bent, but wouldnt that cause it not to go into gear at all?
I'm a sick bastard. I'll admit that any day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejo_NIN View Post
I WILL NEVER BAN OMORALES
he is a funny dude, and i actually kind wanna see him around more.

Last edited by omorales; 07-18-2012 at 11:12 PM.
omorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #62
Bone
Admin & Student

Bone has a brilliant future 100-124Bone has a brilliant future 100-124

Quote:
Originally Posted by omorales View Post
LOL @ cheap. And yeah I get you bone, it sucks to have something break on you and it being your only car. And towards the bike comment I got a suzuki gz250 to mess around on about 2-3 weeks ago and it's been fun. Got it for a low price but now i'm kind of mad, Ive ridden it about 150 miles, and yesterday it started acting stupid giving me a really hard time to get in to first gear, I have to play with the clutch and gear lever until it finally wants to go in.
only a 250? still sounds like a fun little get around. It may not be able to hit the higher speeds all that well but should still get you around town and will be extremely good on gas.

Sounds like you probably just need to replace the clutch cable, if they aren't lubed up they will start to have the strands inside break apart and it could be causing the cable to untwist and get a little long. might not be fully releasing the clutch, or you have something internal in the transmission going bad. I hope it's not that.... what year is it and how many miles are on it.

You are talking about the yamaha virago 250 series bike right? looks kind of like a mini cruiser?
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #63
omorales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
only a 250? still sounds like a fun little get around. It may not be able to hit the higher speeds all that well but should still get you around town and will be extremely good on gas.

Sounds like you probably just need to replace the clutch cable, if they aren't lubed up they will start to have the strands inside break apart and it could be causing the cable to untwist and get a little long. might not be fully releasing the clutch, or you have something internal in the transmission going bad. I hope it's not that.... what year is it and how many miles are on it.

You are talking about the yamaha virago 250 series bike right? looks kind of like a mini cruiser?
This same bike bone
http://images01.olx.com/ui/5/30/05/1...-condition.jpg

It's a suzuki not a yamaha. And yeah it's a 250 I'm planning on hopping back on a sport bike later this year but wanted to have some fun for now plus it was $1,000 so whatever.
It's an 03 with 5,000 miles on it. I'll probably take it to a local shop this weekend to see if I can get it diagnosed. I hope it's not the tranny, but I'm worried that it might be because it has kind of a hard time going into 3rd or 4th as well I really have to bang it in.
Quote:

Old 07-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #64
omorales

If it was the clutch cable wouldn't it just die or start to die when I kick it into first? Sometimes first will go in fine with no issue whatsoever other times it turns into a P.I.T.A. I was also thinking of changing the oil to see if that helps, the previous owner had supposedly just changed it but you can never trust them but the oil looks clean either way.
Quote:

Old 07-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #65
Bone
Admin & Student

Quote:
This same bike bone
http://images01.olx.com/ui/5/30/05/1...-condition.jpg

It's a suzuki not a yamaha. And yeah it's a 250 I'm planning on hopping back on a sport bike later this year but wanted to have some fun for now plus it was $1,000 so whatever.
It's an 03 with 5,000 miles on it. I'll probably take it to a local shop this weekend to see if I can get it diagnosed. I hope it's not the tranny, but I'm worried that it might be because it has kind of a hard time going into 3rd or 4th as well I really have to bang it in.
Ah, yeah, it's pretty much what they have you ride during the training courses. The motorcycle safety courses. I couldn't fit on that bike for nothing. I kept hitting my knees with the damn handle bars... what a pain that was. luckily they had an old nighthawk that I was able to use to do my course and test on.
Quote:
If it was the clutch cable wouldn't it just die or start to die when I kick it into first? Sometimes first will go in fine with no issue whatsoever other times it turns into a P.I.T.A. I was also thinking of changing the oil to see if that helps, the previous owner had supposedly just changed it but you can never trust them but the oil looks clean either way.
no, but it might try to lurch forward a little or feel like it's catching, otherwise yeah, it's probably something going on internally, maybe a good fluid flushing might help things out. I'm not familiar with the bike nearly enough to say much more than that.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #66
omorales

Damn you must be pretty tall. im 6ft and can ride it fine with no issues. And no it doesnt do anything of that sort when in gear it will sit perfectly fine and as far as I can tell the clutch engages smoothly. I'm gonna go ahead and drain it this weekend and see what happens. I'm kinda hoping the guy used the wrong kind of oil since ive been reading that the gearbox is pretty damn picky on the type of oil it uses.
Quote:

Old 07-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #67
Bone
Admin & Student

Quote:
Damn you must be pretty tall. im 6ft and can ride it fine with no issues. And no it doesnt do anything of that sort when in gear it will sit perfectly fine and as far as I can tell the clutch engages smoothly. I'm gonna go ahead and drain it this weekend and see what happens. I'm kinda hoping the guy used the wrong kind of oil since ive been reading that the gearbox is pretty damn picky on the type of oil it uses.
That's the thing, I'm 6' tall as well but for some reason I guess maybe it's the boots I wear for riding plus I have slightly long legs as well. I kept hitting the very front of my knees the instructor was king of laughing at me because he's seen it happen a few times but I was still trying to ride the bike anyway. He said lets try another bike and they brought out the nighthawk, it worked pretty good. was a lot taller of a bike though so I didn't care for that too much but the worst part was taht the front shock was blown like a mofo so it dove like a champ whenever I hit the brakes.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #68
omorales

Damn that sucks lol. I can ride it fine but it does feel kind of small sometimes.
Quote:

Old 07-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #69
Bone
Admin & Student

Quote:
Damn that sucks lol. I can ride it fine but it does feel kind of small sometimes.
yeah, the bars were hitting me right in the knee caps... lol. I was all the way back on the seat to.

oh well, I wouldn't mind having a little 500cc bike just to tool around town on but I still need the larger bike for all the interstate travel I do. I might get a dual sport later on to play around with but I'm after the larger bike first.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #70
omorales

I really like the Honda Shadow phantom, I would'nt mind having a nice cruiser, but honestly I just want a cbr600.
Quote: