FloridaStreetScene

Go Back   FloridaStreetScene > Community Forums > Members Rides

Notices

Members Rides If you've joined this site then you are member, post threads concerning your ride here here, projects, builds and more.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #21
fluffy
wtb 2jzge hold the vtec

fluffy has much to be proud of, 50-99

its not the first 2j e30 but i can tell u its one of the cleaner ones in sfl theres a dark blue one this jamaican drives met him up at towers a long time ago but it wasnt as clean as this one but his shit was putting down 450 but it was more of a track car havent seen it a long time

props on the build my friend

fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #22
HI-BOOST

HI-BOOST has much to be proud of, 50-99

Thanks for the props everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmnky View Post
I'm right here!

Shit looks great, but 2 things:

1. I'm pretty sure you're not the first person in Florida to swap a 2JZ into an E30. It's probably been done before in Florida. Besides, people put 2JZs in everything these days, even a bag of chips has a 2JZ

2. Don't run too much boost, you could blow the welds on your intake manifold. Make sure that your floorboard is reinforced.

Also, make sure that the chassis is reinforced on the diff and transmission mounts.

1. Everyone he has done a 2jzgte swap into an e30 has documented their swap on e30Tech / R3VLimited or another website/forum There has been no more then a handfull of 2jzgte swaps on e30 in the US. Untill someone give me proof their swap was done before mine, i will continue to claim this. (there are a few guys doing this same swap in florida, one in Orlando) either way first or not i know i have one of the cleanest swaps ever done.

2. thanks for the tips, the intake and welds looks to be solid. but yea man the swap will be monitored as i drive it around breaking it in.
HI-BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #23
HI-BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy View Post
its not the first 2j e30 but i can tell u its one of the cleaner ones in sfl theres a dark blue one this jamaican drives met him up at towers a long time ago but it wasnt as clean as this one but his shit was putting down 450 but it was more of a track car havent seen it a long time

props on the build my friend

Thanks bro, good to know someone else here in florida have done this before. I am surprised he did not post about it on the bmw forums.

I moved out of Miami about 8 years ago and i havent been to towers in such a long time.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #24
fluffy
wtb 2jzge hold the vtec

fluffy has much to be proud of, 50-99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI-BOOST View Post
Thanks bro, good to know someone else here in florida have done this before. I am surprised he did not post about it on the bmw forums.

I moved out of Miami about 8 years ago and i havent been to towers in such a long time.

ya man the guy im talking bout is some old jamaican cat but ya man i got a 2j 85 celica i thot i was the first one in florida for a long time till i met a guy in kendall that has one in his backyard parked lol that made my ego drop lol

well beside the hatersand all the bullshit congratz on the nice clean build nd hopefully ill see u down there at moroso the 5th with my bucket running rite

fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #25
HI-BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy View Post
ya man the guy im talking bout is some old jamaican cat but ya man i got a 2j 85 celica i thot i was the first one in florida for a long time till i met a guy in kendall that has one in his backyard parked lol that made my ego drop lol

well beside the hatersand all the bullshit congratz on the nice clean build nd hopefully ill see u down there at moroso the 5th with my bucket running rite

for sure man, all the car needs is the exhaust and intercooler piping + the radiator and fans. My mechanic will street tune it, does anyone know any good Haltech PS500 tuners?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #26
s.e.a.n.

s.e.a.n. has much to be proud of, 50-99

Nice build!

11.93 @ 117 MPH
Tuner by Cwill E85Powered

s.e.a.n. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #27
coconutmnky
Getting something nice

coconutmnky has a brilliant future 100-124

ITT: Circlejerk
Old 11-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #28
MarcoOsuna
De-Rice it

MarcoOsuna Has succeeded in this life (125-149)MarcoOsuna Has succeeded in this life (125-149)

Nice build!!! i like
Old 11-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #29
EXTREMUM

EXTREMUM has a brilliant future 100-124

Excellent concept build, even though that 90-degree bend at the turbo compressor-OUT concerns me.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #30
eviltwin
laughs at the softies

eviltwin has much to be proud of, 50-99

Quote:
Either a 4link dif or a 8.8 ford dif which i already have. I need some wheels for slicks and suspension.

Not sure which suspension setup to go with yet but a better dif will be a must specially reaching my HP goal.
a few things you might want to think about if you decide to use that unit is. if it isn the same width as a unit that would best suite your car. you might have to cut the axle tubes down to length and remount the spring perches and shock mounts, which would also require some axles cut down to length. then you'd want to take into consideration the lug pattern if you decide to use the factory brakes and if they are off of whatt he car has stock up front you might have to use different lug pattern wheels for the front and rear which may not be much of a big deal when you are using staggered wheels from front to back. if you want to keep the lug pattern the same the custom axles you'd get you can get them to your lug patern spec but then would have to use a custom brake set up.

for the money you;d spend on modyifing that differential you could spend a few hundred buck more and get a 9: inch kit that you could cut down to lenght. get the same custom axles needed use whatever rear brake system you'd like even a stock disk kit if you can weld the ends on tot he 9" kit. from there you could get a custom 4 link kit you cut down and weld to spec and relocate whatever stock or aftermarket suspension set up you might want to do. plus the ring and pinions for the 9" diff are a dime a dozen. swaping the final drive aside from the ring and pinions would only be the cruch collar to set contact pattern for them and a pinion bearing that would need to be pressed on to each pinion you;d change with the ring.

personally i think its not as much power you have but how good you can put it down. so if it was me i'd spend more time and effort in that part of the drivetrain and suspension.

keep us posted.

Quote:
1. Everyone he has done a 2jzgte swap into an e30 has documented their swap on e30Tech / R3VLimited or another website/forum There has been no more then a handfull of 2jzgte swaps on e30 in the US. Untill someone give me proof their swap was done before mine, i will continue to claim this. (there are a few guys doing this same swap in florida, one in Orlando) either way first or not i know i have one of the cleanest swaps ever done.

2. thanks for the tips, the intake and welds looks to be solid. but yea man the swap will be monitored as i drive it around breaking it in.
take this time to realize you are better off ignoring this fucking retrard that has nothing to contribute ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREMUM View Post
Excellent concept build, even though that 90-degree bend at the turbo compressor-OUT concerns me.
yea clock that compressor differently and try to lessen that bend or see if you cant ut into the wheel well and sweep it around better.
eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote