FloridaStreetScene

Go Back   FloridaStreetScene > FSS News & Rules > FSS Rules, News & Announcements

Notices

FSS Rules, News & Announcements The rules of FSS, also get news & announcements on what's happening with the site (unrelated items will be moved). Questions related to the rules and news can addressed here as well.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
Bone
Admin & Student

Bone has a brilliant future 100-124Bone has a brilliant future 100-124
Default Why the site was down.

There was a pretty large hardware failure on the server that I have our site on. This resulted in the site to act up for about a day then just go down entirely. As a result of the harware failure the site had to be placed onto an entirely new server box, also I had to restore the site to an earlier backup. We did lose some inforamtion but it was only a couple days of information. We are now on a brand new box so I hope to not have to worry about this for some time. I have taken other steps to make sure that we don't lose nearly as much information if this does happen again. I have setup for complete backups to a remote server. This way the information of the site is stored in 2 seperate locations that are completely unrelated. If anything should happen to one, the other is still good to go.

A plus to this problem at hand: I was able to make a couple requests of the hosting company to upgrade a few things at half price. So you should notice that the site runs a little faster now.

I do appologize for the fact that you all had to be without FSS for a time. I know many of you are rather addicted to the site, myself included.

Now get back to posting and make up for lost time, lol.
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote