FloridaStreetScene

Go Back   FloridaStreetScene > Community Forums > Automotive News and Information

Notices

Automotive News and Information Here you will find news, videos and other information related to cars, trucks and motorcycles.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
AutoBlog
AutoBlog information

AutoBlog has much to be proud of, 50-99
Info Video: Watch a semi-truck go airborne and explode on impact

Dash cams have caught some pretty amazing events on camera, as the unforgettable sights of the meteor that exploded over Chelyabinsk, Russia proved in February. As another example, a trucker driving through Greensburg, Indiana, had his dash cam rolling when another semi truck caught major air over a freeway before crashing down in a ball of flames. (Some understandably foul language makes the video Not Safe For Work, so be sure to turn the volume down if you don't have headphones.) Fortunately, nobody died in the accident, and the crashed semi's occupants, 30-year-old Ryan Young and his seven-year-old son, were taken to the hospital with only minor injuries, ABC Action News reports.

According to the story, Young was about to cross under US 421 when another driver drifted into his lane, forcing him to make a quick decision. He swerved to avoid the car, ran up a hill and through a guardrail, and then caught enough Dukes Of Hazzard-style air to clear the freeway. When the semi hit the ground on the other side, the impact tore the gas tank off and the fuel caught fire, causing the explosion. The accident remains under investigation.

While it's great news to hear nobody suffered major injuries, accidents that look this bad often have sad endings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi8EzvjeeCk

Go to YouTube Video page.

More @ AutoBlog.com
AutoBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
omorales

omorales has a brilliant future 100-124omorales has a brilliant future 100-124

damn that was insane I didn't think a semi could catch that type of air lol.
I'm a sick bastard. I'll admit that any day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejo_NIN View Post
I WILL NEVER BAN OMORALES
he is a funny dude, and i actually kind wanna see him around more.

omorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
Bone
Admin & Student

Bone has a brilliant future 100-124Bone has a brilliant future 100-124

Quote:
Originally Posted by omorales View Post
damn that was insane I didn't think a semi could catch that type of air lol.
It was all over the news as well. Pretty insane!
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote