FloridaStreetScene

Go Back   FloridaStreetScene > Community Forums > Sports and Fitness

Notices

Sports and Fitness Share your workout routine, biking routes or discuss what lifestyle changes that you can make to take back control over your fitness, supplements discussions will go here as well. General sports talk also goes here.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
broken_tsi

broken_tsi has much to be proud of, 50-99
Default Any fitness gurus?

I'm looking to get back into fitness, but if like to do it right. Anyone in here a fitness person? Anyone using herbalife or any other specific supplements that you can't live without?
broken_tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #2
nycuban87

nycuban87 has a brilliant future 100-124nycuban87 has a brilliant future 100-124

Water and eating right, and exercising. Supplements are garbage dude.
nycuban87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
broken_tsi

Anything specific to add to your claim?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
Bone
Admin & Student

Bone has a brilliant future 100-124Bone has a brilliant future 100-124

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuban87 View Post
Water and eating right, and exercising. Supplements are garbage dude.
I agree, spend the right money on food and your results are excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_tsi View Post
Anything specific to add to your claim?
I've seen far too many people hurt by taking supplements for extended periods of time and even short periods of time. I think a number of them should be banned from the market. Many of them do some serious kidney damage, liver and other organs related. I've even seen a few cases over the years of the spleen damage as a direct result of supplements.

You have to be very careful in the amounts of dosing that you do with them and take time off from taking them periodically so your organs can catch up with what's going on. It's a fine line to walk with them. They can have their benefits but I personally thing the risks are too heavy in some cases. They can even affect hormone levels which can be very bad for the body.

If you don't exceed their dosing instructions then it's "safer" but I wouldn't even stick to the level of consumption that they recommend on most of the labels.
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
broken_tsi

Which supplements are y'all talking about exactly? There are so many TYPES and it seems like all are talking in generalities.

So all protein, pre, post, recovery, bcaa, multivitamin, etc supplements should be avoided?

What about herbalife or other organic type supplements? Which ones do y'all have first hand experience with?
Old 08-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Bone
Admin & Student

Bone has a brilliant future 100-124Bone has a brilliant future 100-124

I've seen bad results from pretty much all of them. I used to track the brands and types for a number of years but stopped because it was such a pain in butt and was getting to be far too much busy work at my job. That and it wasn't required anymore so we just kind of stopped and all the data just got stored and that is it.

The main thing though is that prolonged use can cause problems as well as over dosing. If you find a product then you just need to make to use it properly and don't overdose and don't use the products for too long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
broken_tsi

I still don't know what specifically you're talking about though. I need to know what things to search for concerning ill effects of such and such. Thanks for y'all's help.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #8
omorales

omorales has a brilliant future 100-124omorales has a brilliant future 100-124

iive read that the only reason that herbalife crap works is because it creates a calorie deficiency.
I'm a sick bastard. I'll admit that any day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejo_NIN View Post
I WILL NEVER BAN OMORALES
he is a funny dude, and i actually kind wanna see him around more.

omorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #9
syed305
Honda Boy

syed305 has much to be proud of, 50-99
Default Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_tsi View Post
I still don't know what specifically you're talking about though. I need to know what things to search for concerning ill effects of such and such. Thanks for y'all's help.
Dude, I worked in a marketing department, which specialized in SEO (Search engine optimization).

Here what I have learned from working with these clients.

To cut the case, basically, all these supplement companies spend millions in pushing web content that makes you believe their supplements make you "cut," "big" or what ever your goal is.

They pay doctors to give testimonials on how their supplements work, pay bloggers to post about how they found a "magic lean powder," and youtubers to post videos how they got ripped using their specific product.

The key is to make the content they push seem genuine, or trusted, so you may trust a doctor in an interview, as he says, some legit things about cardio and strength training, but what you don't know he is getting a big check for briefly saying he believes that "X product" may stimulate weight loss.

At end of it, it's basically eating healthy and exercising. The only problem is that when you google "how do I eat healthy" you get sucked into the marketing trap...

94 Mazda 626 -junked - 96 Maxima - sold
02 Lancer- traded -99 Accord - Sold
02 Accord - Sold -02 Civic - Sold
11 Corolla S - Sold
05 Civic and 03 CRV - Current Daily Drivers

Last edited by syed305; 07-24-2014 at 09:25 PM. Reason: typo
syed305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:51 PM   #10
SR_Czar

SR_Czar has much to be proud of, 50-99

I've been Vegan for 4 years. Best decision I ever made for my self. I feel better mentally, spritually and physically. Eating only fresh fruit, grains, legumes, and vegetables supercharges your body. Energy levels are always up, I havent gotten sick in over 2 years. I lost 25lbs of fat I didnt even realize I had to lose within the first month and have been lean ever since.
SR_Czar is offline   Reply With Quote